It became possible only thanks to the help and donations of our supporters, so we are sincerely grateful to everyone who believed in our newly created Fund and shared our mission: to help Ukrainian families on their way to healthy pregnancy and the birth of healthy children.
So in spring 2020 we have:
- significantly improved the conditions of stay in the Kyiv Regional Perinatal center: we've purchased 5 boilers to provide expectant and new mothers with constant access to hot water, as well as 7 baby changing tables with chest drawers;
- improved the protection of pregnant women and doctors against coronavirus, by purchasing PPE for the Kyiv maternity hospital #3 (3000 caps and 500 protective overshoes);
- carried out an awareness campaign and became a global partner of the World Maternal Mental Health Day, informing on the perinatal mental health issues and the importance of maternal emotional well-being;
- started a research aimed at improving psychological help in the Ukrainian maternity hospitals. The first stage of the research is a questionnaire survey on the quality of psychological support women received during pregnancy;
- participated in the #GivingTuesdayNow initiative, which gathered together activists and donors from all over the world in order to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our goal was to encourage people to buy PPE for doctors working with mothers-to-be;
- translated into Ukrainian a series of informational materials, which help pregnant women to improve their mental state during the pandemic. https://bit.ly/3gDLbzB
- purchased a specialized hearing screener for premature babies for the Kyiv Regional Perinatal Center. It will allow doctors to prevent hearing problems of 400 babies annually! https://bit.ly/2BgjuwH
- developed several new projects aimed to help mothers-to-be, and we are going to introduce them shortly.
Stay tuned! Thank you for your help, and remember that together we can do so much more for pregnant women and their babies!